- Secure all windows, including those upstairs and reduce the chance of easy entry by cutting tree limbs away from second-story windows.
- Remove objects that might allow access to your home, such as ladders or trash cans that could be used to enter a window or scale a fence.
- Do not leave Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus or other social media posts letting people know that you will be out of town.
- Turn your telephone ringer down, so no one outside can hear repeated rings, and review your answering machine message to make sure it does not imply you are away; also, use timers to operate lights.
- Make sure to have all mail, newspapers and deliveries stopped or picked up by a neighbor, friend or relative.
- Position the grill at least two feet away from decks, siding and any outdoor equipment that can catch fire quickly such as pool toys and playground sets. Additionally, trim low-hanging branches away from your grilling location.
- Always keep a portable fire extinguisher nearby. Read the instructions in advance as there will not be time to do so in the event of an emergency.
- Consider having a professionally monitored security system installed that will dispatch the authorities in the event of a break-in. Depending upon your system, you can receive an email and text-message alerts of security events on your smart phone or laptops, and allow you to check in through video cameras.
Additional Business Security Solutions We Offer
Industries We Protect
We understand that each industry and business is unique. This is why we take the time to meet with our customers face to face, discuss their security concerns and conduct a site evaluation. Security technology is constantly evolving and improving, so communicating to you the benefits and options of different security components is critical. We are more than your business security provider, we are your security partner.