Home security and automation can be closely intertwined. PASS Security offers automation capabilities to complement our security offerings. The result is a home system that allows you to live an affordable, safe, and convenient lifestyle.
But what does Home Automation mean? According to www.techopedia.com: A home automation system is a technological solution that enables automating the bulk of electronic, electrical and technology-based tasks within a home. It uses a combination of hardware and software technologies that enable control and management over appliances and devices within a home. (from techopedia.com)
Basically, home automation allows you to manage your household (lights, thermostat, security systems, etc.) from connected devices. It eliminates the need for manual controls and performs tasks in real time based on sensory data, schedules, or a prompt from your smart device.
Sensory data includes things like a person entering a room or unlocking a door. Home Automation systems allow you to schedule times for lights to turn on or off, turn on a radio, and can even control your thermostat. If you’re going to be out of town, you can adjust the lights and temperature in your home from your smart device. Some systems even allow you to lock and unlock the doors from anywhere.
There are several opportunities available for home automation.
- Security Systems
- Remotely log in to your security system to arm or disarm it
- Receive automatic emails or text message alerts if sensors have been tripped
- Remotely control your security cameras and adjust their views
- Unlock your doors from your smart device to let in approved visitors.
- Indoor and Outdoor Lighting
- Lights can be put on timers to give the illusion that somebody is home.
- Inside lights can be triggered to turn on when a door opens.
- Thermostat Controls
- Set your thermostat to change depending on the time of day.
- Remotely access your thermostat to adjust the temperature as needed.
For more information, or to request a quote, click HERE.